Basics of Dark Spots: Reasons and How to get rid of it
When it comes to taking care of your skin, rectifying dark spots and fine lines on the skin is the main concern for all women. The visibility of fine lines is an obvious phenomenon of the aging process. On the other hand, dark spots appear gradually, however, unfortunately, there is no proper way of treating them.
Hold on, there is no need to freak out. By maintaining a constant skincare routine, the visibility of dark spots can be reduced. Maintaining a >good skincare regime will help you keep your skin healthy. In this process, you can include cleansing and applying daily face cream.
Now, let’s understand what these dark spots are, the reasons behind getting them, and how to get rid of or reduce the appearance of these dark spots.
What are these dark spots?
Dark spots are nothing but a kind of discoloration. This means a kind of black spot can appear at the surface of the skin which is an effect of sun damage. Those who have brighter skin tones are prone to the visibility of dark spots. However, it can appear on any kind of skin texture or tone.
Reasons behind Getting Dark Spots
There are many reasons behind the appearance of dark spots. It is important to consider these reasons. This will help you to look for remedies and include some remedial processes in your skincare regime. Let’s have an understanding of the causes of the appearance of dark sports.
1) Exposure to Sunlight: Direct exposure to sunlight causes the production of melanin. It pushes towards pigmentation on the upper parts of the skin.
2) Hormonal Imbalance: When there is any kind of hormonal imbalance in the body, there can be visibility of dark spots on your face.
3) Impact of skin products: If you are applying any kind of natural skin care product, and you are facing irritation because of that, you might get pigmentation because of that particular product. For this, you need to know about that product in detail before applying it to your skin.
4) Side-effects of any medications: If you are under any kind of medication, there can be effects of drug composition on your skin. This is nothing but the side effects of that medication.
How Can You Reduce the Chances of the Appearance of Dark Spots?
This is probably one of the most important parts of your skincare regime. By now you are aware of the causes of getting dark spots you can easily understand how can you reduce the chances of the appearance of dark spots.
1) Apply Sunscreen: If you are applying sunscreen lotion before stepping out, that will probably be one of the most crucial measures to include in your skincare regime. Well, this is also important to know the exact SPF for your skin. SPF 15 or higher will be perfect for the skin. The power of SPF defines the levels of sun ray protection from UVA or UVB. Also, it is important to apply the best sunscreen for summer at least 15 minutes earlier you step out.
2) Re-apply: If you apply sunscreen once in the morning and stay outside the rest of the day the exposure to the sun is not at all enough. You need to reapply sunscreen for an interval of two hours. Usually, sunscreen gets absorbed easily but it is advisable that you apply sunscreen after applying the best face cream. Therefore, try to choose a good quality moisturizing lotion that you can apply sunscreen and reapply every two hours.
3) Look for other sun protection measures: Apart from applying sunscreen lotion and reapplying it, every two hours, you need to look for measures of protecting your skin from UVA. Try to reduce your time span by staying under the sun. Also, cover your arms or the exposed areas of your body. This is important to stay protected from excess heat and UV rays.
4) Be careful about getting the appearance of pimples: If you have dark spots from pimples, then you need to be careful about it and it is more important to prevent them from appearing than treat them once they have popped up.
5) Always see a dermatologist: If you are already following a proper skincare routine and still you observe any kind of dark spots, it is advisable to see a dermatologist and seek proper medication to treat them.
These are the basic facts about dark spots you can consider and plan for a proper skincare regime. And if you are still not aware of the reasons for dark spots and how to reduce their appearance of it, this article will guide you to proceed further.